Quality Use of Medicine Services
QUM service delivery is provided by developing a QUM Plan with the aged care facility around the following main focus pointsQuality Use of Medicine (QUM) activity services provided by PRN Consulting are targeted but flexible, allowing for various medicine issues to be addressed.
- Education and Training,
- Clinical governance and
- Resident focused activities.
PRN Consulting follows a multifaceted strategy, involving a range of activities, that is necessary for any QUM endeavour. For quality outcomes, the following services are provided
- Policy development and implementation
- Facilitation and coordination of QUM initiatives
- Provision of objective information and assurance of ethical promotion of medicines
- Education and training
- Provision of services and appropriate interventions
- Strategic research, evaluation and routine data collection
Professional collaboration and communication are at the forefront of PRN Consulting’s service delivery.
Education is provided in various formats including face to face and online e-learning opportunities.
Medication update seminars are also provided, as needed.